Terms and Conditions
The Nightwatchman is printed, packaged and distributed by All Out Cricket Limited on behalf of John Wisden & Company Ltd.
These terms and conditions (Terms) govern your use of this website and any connected services that are provided by All Out Cricket Ltd (together referred to as the Services). By using the Services, you will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms.
All Out Cricket Limited (we, us) is a company registered in England and Wales with registered company number 4963187and the registered address at Unit 3.40 Canterbury Court, 1-3 Brixton Road, London SW9 6DE
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time and these changes will become effective as soon as they are posted on the Services. By continuing to use the Services you will be deemed to accept these changes. If you disagree with the Terms, or any revisions of them, please discontinue your use of the Services.
INFORMATION AND AVAILABILITY
While we take every care to ensure that the information provided by the Services is accurate and complete, some of it may be supplied to us by third parties and where that is the case we are often unable to check its accuracy or completeness. You are advised to verify the accuracy of any information before relying on it.
We will do our utmost to ensure that the Services will be uninterrupted and that transmissions will be error-free. However, due to the nature of the Internet this cannot be guaranteed. Your access to the Services may also be suspended or restricted occasionally to allow for repairs, maintenance, or the introduction of new facilities or services. We will always try to limit the frequency and duration of any disruption.
The Services are provided on an ‘as is’ basis without any warranties of any kind, and to the fullest extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any inaccuracy or omission in the information provided by the Services or any interruptions in availability of the Services.
CONTRIBUTIONS PROVIDED BY YOU
The website may from time to time invite you to comment on articles and join in correspondence. By contributing you are granting us a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free licence to store your contributions on our servers and to display the contributions on the Services. We can’t promise that we will use all contributions provided to us.
We want to keep the websites clean and friendly. Please ado not submit contributions that are offensive, racist, harassing, illegal, misleading, abusive, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable. We do our best to monitor and moderate contributions but we cannot monitor them all and you therefore could be at risk yourself if you contribute anything objectionable. As you might expect we reserve the right to take down any contribution that breaches any of the above rules, and we may be obliged to pass copies to appropriate authorities. We reserve the right, among other things, to suspend or terminate your access to the Services if you are in breach of these Terms, for example by submitting contributions that are unsuitable.
The competitions that we run through the Services are subject to the following rules (unless otherwise specified):
- No purchase is necessary.
- One entry is permitted per household, and no bulk or third party entries are permitted.
- Competitions are open to all UK residents (over the age of 18 in alcohol, tobacco or travel-related competitions, and in other cases as stated) except our employees, the companies or organisations with whom the competition or offer is being run, their agents, or anyone directly connected with the promotion.
- Proof of entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt of entry.
- If we run a competition or offer with a promoter where that promoter is responsible for the provision of the offer or prizes then All Out Cricket Ltd will not be responsible for or have any liability for the provision of those offers or prizes.
- We reserve in all cases the right to replace the stated prizes with other prizes that we consider to be of broadly equivalent value. We offer no cash alternative for non-cash prizes, and prize winners must accept prizes in the form offered. Prizes are not refundable or transferable.
- The winner may be required to sign a statement proving their eligibility/liability.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is as stated for each individual competition. The winner(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries, and will be notified by email within two weeks of the closing date.
- Detail of the winner(s) can be obtained by sending a SAE marked [name of competition] to All Out Cricket Ltd, Unit 3.40 Canterbury Court, 1-3 Brixton Road, London, SW9 6DE, United Kingdom within 21 days of the closing date of the promotion.
- All entrants to competitions and offers are deemed to have accepted these rules and agree to be bound by them, and agree to co-operate in any publicity that may arise which may include their name or image being used on websites, magazines or mobile services at any time as a result of the competition.
- Some cricket equipment given away in competitions may have been used for testing purposes.
Subscriptions run for a 12-month term and unless you cancel the payments with PayPal prior to the renewal date payment will be taken automatically with no warning. If you wish to cancel a subscription after payment has been taken we may refund you an amount calculated by removing from the full subscription amount the single issue price of any editions that were released prior to cancellation, any associated postage costs and an administration fee of not less that less £5.00.
We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Services do not contain or spread any viruses or other malicious code. However, we recommend that you ensure that your home computer runs up-to-date anti-virus software just in case, and you should virus-check all materials downloaded from the Services and regularly check for the presence of viruses and other malicious code. We are not be liable for any sort for any damage or loss caused by viruses or other malicious code originating or contracted from the Services
The copyright and all other rights in and to the Services and all the content featured on the Services from time to time are owned by us or our licensors. As a user of the Services, you may store, print and display that content solely for your own personal use. You may not publish, manipulate, distribute or reproduce any of that content in any way, nor may you use any of that content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise. In addition, you may not include a link to the Services or display the contents of the Services surrounded or framed or otherwise juxtaposed or associated with other material in any manner without our prior written consent.
‘All Out Cricket’ is a trademark belonging to us. All other trademarks used on the Services are the property of their respective owners. No licence or consent is granted to you to use these trademarks in any way, and you agree not to use these trademarks without our prior written permission.
Exclusion of liability
We disclaim and exclude all liability for any claim, loss, demand or damages of any kind whatsoever (including for negligence) arising out of or in connection with the use of either this Site or the information, content or materials included on this Site or on any website to which it is linked.
The inclusion of links to third party sites does not imply any endorsement of the linked website or its content or provider.
Contributor views their own
Views expressed on the Site by our own contributors are their own and do not necessarily reflect an organisational position or policy
No liability for disruption or corruption
We will not be responsible for any disruption to this Site or for loss or corruption of any information whilst in transit or when downloaded onto any computer system from this Site.
Except as specifically set out in these Terms, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded.
We are not responsible or liable for events beyond our direct control. Because of the complex and constantly changing nature of our technology and business, we cannot guarantee nor do we represent that our performance will be error free.
Notwithstanding the above, nothing in this paragraph ‘Liability’ limits or excludes our liability for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to limit or exclude, or attempt to limit or exclude, our liability.
You agree to indemnify and keep us indemnified against any damage, loss, liability or cost incurred by us resulting from any breach of these Terms by you or any claims or legal proceedings brought or threatened against us as a result of your use of the Services.
These Terms are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising in relation to these Terms or the Services.
In the event that any term of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms will remain valid and enforceable.